Timeline of Dr.'s Appointments For My Triplet Pregnancy

Timeline of appointments

First appointment at 7 weeks 5 days, found out we had three heartbeats!

Second appointment at 11 weeks (last appointment at regular OB), confirmed there were still three and saw them dance around on the ultrasound.

Third appointment at a 12 weeks and a few days, first one with new high risk doctor of maternal fetal medicine, screening for down syndrome.

Entire second trimester I would see the doctor once every two weeks, we would have an ultrasound at each appointment.

At my fourth appointment, at 15 weeks we found out we were having 3 girls!

At 20 weeks we did our big ultrasound with anatomy scans on all the babies. It lasted over 3 hours and I almost passed out few times from laying on my back so long.

At 22 weeks we took a tour of the NICU so we would prepared and informed if I went into labor early.

At 24 weeks I stopped working and started physical therapy for my assortment of aches and pains.

At around 25 weeks I had my glucose test and I passed. I found out I was slightly anemic and started taking iron supplements.

The rest of the appointments are pretty routine for the second trimester.

Once I hit the third trimester I started going once a week until I delivered.

Once I had my c-section scheduled I was given two shots of steroids, the first shot was 48 hours before my delivery, and the second 24 hours before. This was to help with the development of the babies lungs.

My appointments would always consist of getting my weight and vitals, giving a urine sample, ultrasound, then meeting with the doc.

I am so fortunate that I never had to go on bed rest and I never had any complications. My pregnancy was by no means easy but it was ideal. I am thankful everyday my body was able to carry my little girls as long as I did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospital Bag For A Triplet C-Section

My Triplet C-Section

Feeding Triplets: Let's Get Real About Breastfeeding